Forbidden City - Beijing, China 2007

DOCUMENTING FOR OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHER INNOCENT BYSTANDERS,THE SIGHTS, SOUNDS AND TASTES OF OUR VARIOUS ADVENTURES.

HI THERE AND WELCOME!!!
You were probably directed here
by some mis-guided soul who thought
that you could use a chuckle or two.
See how The NOWAT series began at:
www.TheNOWAT.blogspot.com
Clicking on any photo will make it full sized
View the NOWAT CHINA 2007 Slideshow below the Blog Archive on the right
Or view the whole album on Picassaweb, just click the link below.

20 May 2007

4.22.7 Sunday - Pt II

Beijing- Xi'an Day 7-Pt II
Dinner and a Show.

We last saw our fearless travelers as they navigated a Safety deposit box issuance and we’re headed to the Tang Dynasty Dinner and Show.

As we pulled into the dinner theatre compound we noticed the usual collection of tour busses and figured on a crowded place… yes and no…half the busses were on their way out from the 1st show and we were ushered upstairs to the perfect table right in the middle with a great view of everything. The table setting was elegant, not what we expected and had real cloth napkins… this may prove to be very interesting.

Dinner started with Fried prawns with a diced potato stuffing and garnished with a fried potato dumpling with a sweet bean jam center, followed by shaved abalone in a brown sauce [Dragon Lady no likeeee!] that was outstanding. Then came the Beef and Chicken courses both served beautifully and tasted as good as it looked followed by dumplings that alone rated 4 of 5 * and closed with a very creative fruit presentation [I forgot to take a pic of all this… not sure why…I was shooting everything else] Dinner ****+.

The Show was all Tang Dynasty music and folklore presentations. Elegantly staged, it was excellent as well, of which I probably took too many Pics but that’s the fun of the Digital, deletion.

We finished the show and headed to find our driver who was to meet us on the corner of the theater’s street but couldn’t find him… then another tour guide spotted us and told us she thought he was inside… I headed back in only to meet him coming out. And back to the Hotel.

Illy crashed and I had to try to catch up on the NOWATS so I finished Beijing Day 4 and tried to uploaded on the dial up… big mistake… I was foolish enough to think that I could get the upload to Yahoo with pics and all in short time… I fell asleep waiting for the damn Yahoos mail scan to finish.

When I awoke I found that it may or may not have gone out and planned to send a naked copy the next day and the pics separately.

I’ll end this short one as I'm trying desperately to keep these in order in my files as I'm usually exhausted by the time I start the next one and don’t want any duplication. [Gawd forbid Chucky would ever repeat himself.]

Tomorrow is the Terra Cotta Army and Huaqing hot springs followed by the Dumpling banquet.
More on that later.

再见朋友
Zài Jiàn Péng-You
Chuck and the so dead to the world but very happy
Dragon Lady.